Summary[edit | edit source]
- Automatically catches items that float into it.
- Vulnerable to shark attacks.
- Can be protected with foundation armor.
- Maximum number of items that can be caught by the collection net is 10, since Update 6.
Uses[edit | edit source]
- Used to automatically gather ocean debris.
- Functions similarly to a foundation piece, as players can walk on it and even place some items over it.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Collection Nets can be removed and relocated. This can be very useful early on if the raft changes direction, or if you want to quickly replace a more important Collection Net that was destroyed by the shark.
- Collection Nets are most effective when placed along the longest edge of your raft...not necessarily the "front" of it. Note that items will float under your raft and be caught in nets at the "back" of the raft, just as effectively as they will be caught by nets in "front".
- Leave a gap between Collection Nets. It collects across a wider area, and items rarely float in-between the nets without being caught.
- If you drop anchor and plan to stay in one spot for long, remove all the Collection Nets and place them in Storage. There is almost nothing to collect while your raft is motionless; and the shark won't destroy your nets while you're not looking.