Name Tag 1
Summary[edit | edit source]
The Goat is one of the three domesticable animals. The player may capture them on land with a Net Launcher, as well as Cluckers and Llamas. After capturing them, the player may pick them up and carry them to a new location. After capture, the Goat must be fed with Grass Plots in order to produce milk. When the Goat is ready to be milked, its udders will swell, which is visually shown, as well as an icon when hovering over the Goat. If the Goat isn't fed from a Grass Plot it will not produce milk.
Goats can walk off the edge of a raft, so it is recommended to keep them contained by using a Plank Fence.
There are two types of rare Goats. Whereas the normal Goat is all black, the first rare Goat is predominantly brown with a little white markings on its face. The second rare Goat is predominantly white with a few brown marks on its throat and heads. When discovering a Large Island and a Goat is spawned, there is a 88% chance for it to be the standard type, 8% chance for the Type 1 rare, and 4% chance for the Type 2 rare. Catching either of the rare Goats unlocks the "Some Look Different!" achievement.
Like other Livestock, the Goat becomes hungry after 8 minutes since last eating, and the Goat then stops producing milk. While holding the animal or keeping it captured with the Net, these timers are paused.
Uses[edit | edit source]
- A Bucket of Milk can be collected from the Goat by using an empty Bucket on it. This can be done every 5 minutes.
- The Goat must be fed from a watered Grass Plot. It will check in a radius of 7 meters (translates to roughly four foundations).
- After catching a Goat, the player may name it while holding it.
History[edit | edit source]
|Update 12.01||Animals stop producing products instead of dying when starved.|
|Update 9||Goat added to the game.|