Pufferfish are enemies in Raft. They are one of multiple threats to the player.
Summary[edit | edit source]
- Alongside Thirst, Oxygen, Hunger, Sharks, and Screechers, Pufferfish are one of the mechanics in Raft that can result in player death. The Pufferfish is a small yellow fish that only lives underwater at certain Large Islands. The Pufferfish attacks by swimming towards you, and when it is close enough, it will explode into a large cloud of poison gas, causing rapid damage to the player. Once defeated you may wish to collect your arrows from the corpse before looting, as you will not get your arrows back when looting its body. When looted however, you will receive 1 Pufferfish head.
- 2 Pufferfish heads are used in the Head Broth stew with the Cooking Pot.
- The Pufferfish also drops one explosive goo with a 33% chance of dropping another, which can be used to make explosive powder.
- Pufferfish can be typically found below the surface by seeing the slow air bubbles they emit pop to the surface.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
- To kill the Pufferfish, you need a Spear or a Bow. It is recommended to use the bow. It may be killed with 6 Stone Arrow hits (7 on hard), or 3 Metal Arrows (4 on hard).
- (Spear) When you find one, let it begin chasing you by approaching it. Begin backing away until ready to attack, then move forward and stab it. Move backwards immediately, repeat.
- (Bow) With a bow, it's much easier. When the Pufferfish is chasing you, begin backing up and start firing. Keep in mind that arrows travel much slower underwater so you will need to remain closer to your target than you would above water.
Avoiding the Pufferfish[edit | edit source]
- The Pufferfish emits a slow, continuous stream of bubbles that can be heard on the surface. When planning to dive near large islands, listen for the unique sound, and avoid the area.