Screechers are enemies in Raft. They are one of multiple threats to the player.
Summary[edit | edit source]
- Alongside Thirst, Oxygen, Hunger, and Sharks, Screechers are one of the mechanics in Raft that can result in player death. Screechers will attack the player whilst on the Large Islands, dealing the player via dropping stones on their head. When a Screecher is killed, its parts can be harvested by interacting with it. The screecher does not respawn when killed, and drops 4 Drumsticks, 12 Feathers and a Screecher Head.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
- To kill the Screecher, you need a Spear or a Bow. It is recommended to use the bow. When the Screecher stops to pick up a boulder, use a spear to stab it, or shoot it with the bow. After several hits, depending on what you used to attack the Screecher, it will die.
- Another good way to kill the Screecher is to wait for it to be coming at you with a rock and then shoot it. This can be made easier by getting up high on a mountain on the island where the Screecher is, making the Screecher have to fly up to you.
Avoiding the Screecher[edit | edit source]
- Standing under any roof on your raft will help you avoid the rocks.
- Hide in caves.
- Running and jumping can help you avoid the boulders.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Screecher was originally going to be able to destroy parts of the raft with the boulders. Whether it does not do this now due to a bug or a deliberate change is unknown.
- The Screecher’s design is based on the ossifrage or bearded vulture.
- The Screecher is also known as the Stonebird.
- It used to be that the Screecher's rock collection could still get to you through one floor of your raft and thus would need two or more layers of protection to be safe from them. This is not the same today as one layer is enough.