Bruce the Shark is a threat that can attack the player and destroy the raft.
Attack Pattern[edit | edit source]
- Bruce the Shark will attack the raft approximately every 5 minutes. Jumping into the water pauses this timer for the duration that he is targeting you.
- When Bruce the Shark attacks your raft, he won't stop until he is killed, attacked enough (Four stabs with a wooden spear (5 on Hard), twice with a metal spear, or shot twice with arrows), or finishes his intended damage on the raft (100% on regular foundation, 25% on armored).
- Bruce the Shark will immediately turn around and chase any player that enters the water, with the exception of him being too far away, or another player being a closer target.
Fighting Back[edit | edit source]
- Bruce the Shark dies if you do any of the following: stab him 30 times with a Wooden Spear, 15 times with a Metal Spear, or shoot him with a Bow and Arrow 10 times.
- Stabbing Bruce the Shark while underwater will cause him to turn and swim away, then shortly after he will turn around and attack again.
- Bruce the Shark makes a noticeable swimming noise as he approaches the player, warning of imminent attack.
Prevention[edit | edit source]
- Placing Foundation Armor on Foundations and Collection Nets will cause the shark to retreat after damaging the tile by 25%, instead of destroying it altogether. (side-note: If you repair unarmored Foundation while Bruce the Shark is attacking it, he wont stop attacking until either he is damaged enough, or he breaks said Foundation)
- Throwing Shark Bait into the water will distract Bruce the Shark for 80 seconds until he breaks it. Damaging him with Weapons will cause him to swim away, later returning to the Shark Bait. (side-note: After damaging him, he will return to attack you if you are still in the water, regardless of if there is Shark Bait.)
Death[edit | edit source]
Bruce the Shark drops no items immediately on death, instead dropping either 1 Shark Meat or 1 Shark Head per stab of your spear, giving a total of 4 Shark Meat and 1 Shark Head. This includes stabbing the corpse.