Summary[edit | edit source]
You will find solutions for common technical issues on this page.
If you did not buy the game yet, please verify that your computer meets Raft's system requirements.
This can be done using the tool provided on this page: https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/raft/17750
Black screen when starting a new or existing game[edit | edit source]
This can have multiple causes. Please check the below points one by one to determine the cause.
- Update your Graphics Card drivers.
- Check whether there is enough hard disk space on the disk the game is installed on.
- Reduce the Graphic Settings to the bare minimum.
- When joining a Multiplayer Game, depending on the size of the host's raft, loading can take some time.
Wide-screen issues with Raft[edit | edit source]
Currently Raft is having some issues with Wide-Screens (e.g. 2560x1080 resolutions).
For example the Menu Window is cut of on the bottom of the screen.
- You can install the UIScaler mod to fix the issue (See Modding guide for installation).
- Or for more thorough instructions, use the modding community's official pages for Installing the ModLoader and Installing a mod.
Character died in poison pool on Balboa Island and keeps dying[edit | edit source]
- Even after reviving or reloading, the character still dies instantly.
- To solve this, the game has to be completely closed and reopened.
- If you are in a multiplayer game, the host has to perform this action as well.
Black Screen when inviting friends to your Raft[edit | edit source]
- When you log in to your instance of Raft, have your friends wait until you have fully loaded in.
- Open your inventory and move a few items around.
- This is to ensure your game is fully loaded when they log in to join you on your adventure. Enjoy!
The hook flops onto the ground[edit | edit source]
- Try jumping into the water and climbing back unto the raft.
- If this does not help, try switching to another tool (e.g. the fishing rod), use it and and then switch back to the hook.
- Or open the Story Book by pressing T and close it again.
I lost my Raft[edit | edit source]
- This can happen due to multiple reasons: Either you forgot to lower the Anchor, or the Shark or another Player destroyed the foundations around the Anchor while you are on the island.
- You can try to swim after your Raft. The shark will likely attack, so try dodging its attacks while swimming as shown on the Shark page.
- You can use the console from the Raft ModLoader to teleport back to the Raft.
- To do this, start the game via the ModLoader, load your Save Game, press F10, write "gotoraft" (without quotation marks) and press Enter.
Items are not spawning[edit | edit source]
- This happens when the game needs to be re-calibrated. This applies to both in-water materials, and on-land resources (palm trees, scrap, metal ore, etc.)
- Turn off all engines, and put up the sail.
- Let the current take you for 10 minutes.
- Do not stop at any islands during this time.