|Large Island Update|
|October 11, 2018|
Update 7 is an update for Raft released on October 11, 2018.
We're extremely happy to announce that the Large Island Update is finally here! We have worked tirelessly to get a lot of awesome content and new features in the game for you to enjoy. Read on for a detailed description of each feature, or watch the quicker update video right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmei_eFTL2s
The Large Islands
The large islands are now in the game! You will be able to find them by following the beep on the receiver after getting to the radio tower. The large islands will play a key part in the new advanced cooking system, containing many natural resources exclusively found on them.
The screecher is now in the game, and can be found roaming (and protecting) the new large islands! It will attack you on sight, bombarding you with rocks if you get too close to the island. You can shoot down the screecher with a bow and arrow, or try to face it in a spear battle!
This cute, but extremely toxic and deadly pufferfish will roam around the reefs of the large islands, protecting the loot and resources it contains. You can either try to sneak by it, or you can face it in a deadly battle - but be vary, it will go boom if you get too close to it!
We've implemented advanced cooking this update, which allows you to sustain your hunger much longer. There's a total of 11 new recipes, which are found in crates at rare locations.
A chat is now available, so you can chat with your friends from in-game with ease!
Reworked Trophy Boards
We have reworked the trophy boards so you can now show off all your foes and catches.
A more alive ocean
Small, cute schools of fish will now swim around the reefs and create a more aesthetically pleasing environment. These fish will not be catchable, but will swim away if you get too close to them!
You can now throw rocks at.. things (and birds)! We're not saying you should throw these at your friends (but you should definitely throw them at your friends) - have fun, and watch out!
Anti-Motion Sickness Mode
A toggleable option has been added to the setting menu that will turn off swaying and waves completely, so those of you who get seasick / motion sick can now go on a rafty adventure!
Hats.. hats... and more hats! You can now decorate your head with a greater variety of "hats".
- Added two new enemies, the pufferfish and screecher.
- Added large islands and the secret rare island (uuuhhh)
- Added berries, mushroom, and other food items to large islands
- Added new achievements for doing exciting new stuff
- Added the ability to color your sail using paint
- Added a metal arrow that will deal 150% more damage
- Added a lot (11) recipes so you can make amazing meals
- Added advanced cooking pot and bowls to hold the food
- Added new throw animation so you can throw rocks at things
- Added an in-game chat so you can talk with friends with ease
- Added motion sickness mode as a toggleable setting
- Added new schools of fish that will swim around the reefs
- Added algae decals around the reefs that will contain loot
- Added new weather feature: rain now waters your crops
- Added the ability to paint all the crop plots
- Reworked Light System to improve optimization/performance
- Reworked Trophy Boards so you can show off all slain foes
- Reworked the health bar to support the new cooking system
- The basic bow durability has been increased by 50%
- You can no longer paddle and reach islands in creative
- The shark can now attack triangle foundations (was a bit OP)
- The seagull has now been removed from creative mode
- Fixed an issue with players being stuck in the air when writing on a sign
- Fixed an issue where you could "grab" at an empty item net