|Game Mode Update|
|November 8, 2018|
We have listened to you guys, and are now bringing new game modes to make for more exciting gameplay in Raft, as well as some much requested gameplay features!
Peaceful mode is now a thing. This mode has the same settings as easy mode, but with the added feature of all enemies being passive; so you can enjoy the calm breeze without having to worry.
UPDATED HARD MODE
Hard mode have gotten a makeover: there's now a chance of multiple sharks spawning when you kill one, and the sharks health has been increased a bit (5 hits instead of 4) for it to go away. The shark will also attack in a more frequent, but random pattern, which should make for more exciting gameplay. We aim for this to be a mode where you should think and calculate the chances you take - before you take them. As always, we appreciate feedback, so yell at us if it's too hard. :) Food and Thirst is also harder to sustain, and all enemies have had their damage increased.
3RD PERSON MODE
Third person mode has been added to the game (default key is comma ,) - just take a look here:
Upgraded game modes, upgraded security. Bruce is annoying in late game, and isn't really a threat to those well equipped to fight him off - for this reason, we have decided to make foundation armor untargetable for the shark: so you will now be able to completely fortify your raft, and not have to worry about pesky shark attacks any longer. Enjoy!
This one is quite amazing, and we're really looking forward to see how people utilize this. This is only available in creative mode, and allows you to fly around to view your raft, or even build/paint in noclip if that's what you wish to do (default key for this is N) - take a look:
- Added peaceful game mode and updated hard game mode.
- Added 3rd person view in all modes and noclip mode in creative.
- Updated foundation armor to be untargetable/immortal to Bruce.
- Added schools of fish around normal islands as requested by you guys.
- Added some fall damage to all game modes besides creative.
- Shark bait now lasts 30% longer in hard mode.
- We improved loading times when loading into a game.
- Modified food and thirst decrease a bit to be more fair.
- Fixed an issue with the seagull attacking crops in creative.
- Fixed an issue with lighting (no lights at night).
- Fixed an issue with multiple sharks spawning in non-hard modes.
That's it for today! We hope that you enjoy the update just as much as we have enjoyed making it - if you have any questions, feel free to hit us up in one of the Raft Communities:
TEASER YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
This awesome Llama is just one of many new animals that will roam the large islands - this one is friendly, and can be tamed - more on that later on. For now, here's a picture!